These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Greensboro LLC d/b/a WJMH (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401 Greensboro, NC 27409 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at 102jamzcarshow.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. Must be at least 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license to enter this Contest.
2. To enter, individuals may pre-register at 102jamz.com/register prior to May 7th. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged because only the first 175 entries will be accepted into this contest. Entrants who pre-register will receive priority. Entrants must provide all information requested on the entry application. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified, in Station’s sole discretion. All pre-registered entrants must pay the $50 registration fee online. If fewer than 175 paid entries are registered prior to May 7, 2016, individuals may register in person on-site at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds, Sunday, May 7, 2017 between 8am and 2pm (“On-site Registration Period”) with the vehicle that the entrant wants to display in the Contest. Entrants who register on-site must pay the $50 registration fee, via cash only, at the time of registration.
3. All entrants must be on-site at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds, Sunday, May 7, 2017 between 8am and 2pm (“Vehicle Setup Period”) with the registered vehicle that the entrant wants to display in the Contest, and present a valid, state issued photo ID upon check-in. No competing vehicles, will be allowed entrance after 2:00 pm. As each entrant arrives, Station Management will inspect and approve each associated vehicle for eligibility. Station reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate. A vehicle that is approved by Station Management is considered an “Eligible Vehicle.” All entrants will be required to sign a Release in order to be permitted to participate in the Contest, that, among other things, relieves and releases the Station, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, managers, and employees from any and all liability with respect to any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the Contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder. Judging Panel (“Judges”) will determine classification of registered vehicles. Entrant spots are not assignable or transferable.
4. All entrants are required to furnish their own stanchions and rope. Station will use reasonable efforts to provide electrical for those entrants who indicated that they would like electrical on his or her registration form. If electrical is provided, there will be a fee of $40.00. Entrants will be limited to a 110-volt power only and must use a three-wire system. All wiring must comply will all local building regulations (as determined in Station Management’s sole discretion). Additionally, all entries must comply with fire regulations (as determined in Station Management’s sole discretion).
How to Win
5. Each Eligible Vehicle will be assigned a vehicle registration number and a vehicle display space upon entering the gate. Eligible Vehicles will be judged in spaces assigned beginning at 10 am. All judging will be complete by 4 pm. No Eligible Vehicle will be judged until all information in the registration packet is filled out completely and given to the station representative accompanying the judges. Registered Entrants are welcome to provide the judges with an information sheet listing the modifications made to his/her entry, and may place it in a visible location in his/her display. Eligible Vehicles to be judged should have hood, doors and trunk open from set-up until tear-down. Eligible Vehicles with covered areas (belly pans, engine covers, etc.), judges must have access to these areas. Each registered entrant will receive a maximum of 10 minutes to display his or her Eligible Vehicle to the Judges and to confer with the Judges with any questions concerning their entry. When judging is complete, the Judges will affix a sticker on the right corner of the windshield of the Eligible Vehicle. All entrants hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by the Station staff and understand that any failure to comply with the process and procedures at the will result in immediate disqualification.
6. The judging panel will assess each Eligible Vehicle based on the specific criteria for each Classification, Special Category or Outstanding Feature. Winners will be announced at the end of the Contest and, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules. The judging panel’s decision shall be final and non-appealable.
7. Prizes will be awarded, as detailed in the rules for each Category, Classification and Outstanding Feature.
8. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Greensboro, LLC
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
9. Entrants must be in presentable and clean attire (as determined by Station by non-discriminatory criteria).
10. Entrants may not violate any federal, state or local laws and must not harm or endanger themselves or other persons or property. Any entrant who Station determines may have created a public hazard, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified. At no time will careless or reckless driving by entrants or unnecessary noise from entries be tolerated; this includes during set-up and tear-down hours. Violators may be subject to disqualification and escorted out. The Station reserves the right to refuse admission to or require leaving the Car Show at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds by any entrant that does not comply with these guidelines or poses a danger or offense to other entrants or attendees, as determined in Station’s sole discretion.
11. During the Contest, foul play will not be tolerated. No indecent exposure or language will be permitted. The Station reserves the right to call an official "time out", temporarily suspending and then resuming any event at any time, for any reason, in Station’s sole discretion. Station and its representatives reserve the right to taunt, jeer, or mock the entrants. Station reserves the right (but does have not the obligation) to disqualify any entrant for any reason, including, without limitation, excessive harassment of other entrants, use of profanity, unhygienic habits or activities, or inappropriate touching of other participants.
12. In no event will any “deal-making” between entrants be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this contest.
13. By entering this contest, all finalists acknowledge that such participation may be potentially hazardous, and hereby represent that he/she is physically, psychologically and medically able to participate in this activity. Finalists assume all risks associated with participation in this contest. Finalists also expressly consent to any physical contact that might naturally result from participation in this contest.
14. By entering this contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may take photograph or videos and post such photographs or videos on its website or social networking sites for no additional compensation.
BACK TO 102JAMZCARSHOW.COM